Monday 22 June 2015

Meet Gertie - Big Big Hat Girl

Gertie was created when I gave myself permission to create whatever I liked in my new art journal. I bought some watercolour paper - 300gsm, hot pressed, smooth, Fabriano - and created an art journal.  Then I decided to create a big, big hat girl using the full length of the paper as opposed to a page.

Gertie
Watercolour Art Journal,  38cm x 56cm
Mixed Media - watercolour paints, watersoluble crayons, pencils, pens, acrylic paints, Gelli® prints.

I chose the name Gertie after someone mentioned Dr Suess!


Gertie was awesome fun to create and I have so many more ideas for big, big hat girls that involve feathers, birds, nests, leaves and flowers.....

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...