Thursday 2 October 2014

Van Gogh

BlogtoberFest 2014 - Day 2 - Van Gogh

Yesterday I started Jeanne Oliver's new e-course Studying Under The Masters - Portraits and Self Portraits. Week One is based on Van Gogh so I went to my library and grabbed this book on him even though the course is full of videos and info I wanted some hands on pics to look at.


I decided to do this course as I know very little about art history and this course looks at their portraits and self portraits and as you know I love to draw girly faces and hope to improve my portraits.

When I was in New York City in Sept 2012 I went to the Met and to MOMA and these are the Van Gogh paintings I got to see!!!








I haven't had time to watch all the videos yet or do any of the exercises involved so stay tuned for a blogpost in a couple of days for an update...

Talk to you tomorrow...

5 comments:

  1. So envious you have seen Starry Night - I love Van Gogh. We have recently been to the Netherlands, so managed to get to the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam to see a very early self portrait that they have there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOPs my comment disappeared. See you in the workshop Michelle.

    ReplyDelete

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...