Friday 10 October 2014

Gelli Printed Denim Journal Cover

BlogtoberFest 2014 - Day 10 - gelli printing onto denim.


Today I gelli printed onto some journal covers I made from an old denim skirt. There was just so much yummy denim there I had to use it and not give it away. You could use an old pair of jeans legs.



I used normal acrylic paints as that is what I had and I didn't want to spend any more money on paint and I know that paint doesn't wash out of my clothes, not that I was planning on washing the journal covers.

You can see the results above and close ups below.  The denim soaks up the paint so I had to be more generous on the plate. I may have got a better result using fabric paint or a fabric medium in the paint but I can still decorate them further.

First try - I used a flower stencil I made recently.


Second journal cover:



Third journal cover - I used a darker red paint...


Here's my journal that I made - there are weekly pages, pages for writing on and pages for arting/doodling on. A 3 in 1 Diary/Journal/Planner


Would you like more details on how I made this journal?  Please leave a comment below, if I get enough interest then I will get onto it straight away so you can get it ready for next year.

Next week I'm looking forward to the Gelli Print Blog Hop and I'm having a giveaway - very excited to create for it this weekend.

PS Do you love creating gelli prints?  Want a place to discuss gelli printing?  To show off your work?  Share your ideas? Discuss the pros and cons of different paints/paper/plates/tools etc?  Get some great ideas on what to do with the thousands of prints you have created?

Then I would love you to join me at the Gelatin Printing Enthusiasts Facebook Group. This group is open to people who use a Gelli Arts Plate or who make their own gelatin plate.




4 comments:

  1. Yes, PLEASE.... Would LOVE to know how your journal was made!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I've made that blogpost about the journal for you! http://shellsinthebush.blogspot.com.au/2014/12/3-in-1-journal-with-denim-cover.html

      Delete
  2. Would love to see how you made those journals!

    I am still in the learning stages of gelli plates, love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have made that blogpost about the journals for you - hope it makes sense! http://shellsinthebush.blogspot.com.au/2014/12/3-in-1-journal-with-denim-cover.html

      Delete

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...