Saturday 7 December 2013

Paint Your Pants Off Day

Today is....Paint Your Pants Off Day!!!!  bahahaha that sounds a little naughty.....but it isn't -  it's very arty instead.

So hubby is away today riding his dirt bike with his mates so I decided I would paint.  I still haven't got back that excitement I used to have a year or so ago....so it could be safe to say that the honeymoon phase is over.  Boohooohoo this actually makes me very sad so I really do hope I'm wrong.  I'm trying other things hoping to fall in love all again.....

I digress.  I pulled out the old paintings that I collaged over with old papers and then put background layers on them.  Today I painted some abstract flowers on them using the palette knife and the brush as an experiment to see how it would go and if it was fun.



I think I need to lengthen the stems on the flowers after I painted over them....  I think I prefer the palette knife paintings - the top two - to the brush painting.....

Here are the evolution photos to see how they have changed:




Whilst they were drying I got out my gelli plate and made some more prints.



And this is my art journal in which I added all the left over paint from the brayer/roller and the stencils and texture paper I used.






Well, I better go clean up my art studio aka the kitchen so I get dinner started.  Have a great arty weekend and I might be back tomorrow with Sunday Snippets.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...