Wednesday 17 July 2013

Venice

Saturday, 6th July, we caught a bus into Venice, 10 mins which was so easy and spent the day wandering around the maze that Venice is.  My husband, who hates cities, loved Venice - I was very surprised at this esp the part about becoming a gondaleer!!!

Venetian Masks - I loved them but being on a motorbike we have limited space in the paniers and being a Saturday we couldn't post any masks home so I missed out there.  I guess I'll just have to make myself one or paint a few when I get home!


We went to the Gallerie dell'Accademia and were a little disappointed as we had hoped to see more art reflecting life in Venice and not a lot of religious paintings esp ones with a blond baby Jesus.  Here's the view from the Ponte Accademia:


Here's the famous Ponte Rialto:



 Here are the gondalas:





And some of the beautiful architecture:


Sorry it has taken so long to get this blog posted, I started it about a week ago but have not had good enough wi-fi to get it finished, having trouble even now - we are in Prague.  I will get the next blog started on the Dolomites/Alps and then Austria/Vienna.  Thanks for your patience. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...