Thursday 21 February 2013

Wednesday Workshop






Yesterday was week 3 of a worskshop with mixed media artist Neil Elliott at a local Youth Centre.  We are working on an underwater theme and there are some very creative and inspiring people in our class.


I put on an undercoat of paint yesterday.



This is how it looked previously after gluing on tissue paper, towel, bathrug and paper stuffing (that red stuff):



Whilst waiting for the paint to dry I worked on these two Kimberley paintings that I created over summer.  Neil suggested lightening the sky and darkening the foreground and adding more layers of paint.

I didn't have my Golden Fluid Acrylics with me yesterday so I think I will give them both another layer of paint using the glossy Goldens.

Here are some before and after shots:



And here's another I was working on:



1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love your work Michelle :) I'm actually coming over to WA in April and doing an all day workshop with Malini Parker. Maybe we can catch up for a cuppa :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...