Sunday 23 September 2012

I Love Canada

After the Squam Fall 2012 art workshop I headed up to Niagara Falls, which was a real eye opener.  It was like being in a theme park.  The Maid of Mist was hilarious, hundreds of people in blue ponchos getting soaking wet - I loved it but I was wearing one of my glass tile pendants which got wet and is now fading.






After the falls I went to the Butterfly Conservatory.






Then I headed to Toronto - I went to the Art Gallery of Ontario, the CN Tower and Gretzkys - which is a bar/restaurant owned by the ice hockey player Wayne Gretzky.




I finally saw some Canada Geese.





I had a good time in Canada and met some great people and am now in Michigan staying with a friend and it's great to be in a home and not an hotel/apartment and to have friends to spend the day with and chat with, and we will be heading to Grand Rapids to visit ArtPrize next week.

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing your adventure unfold, Michelle! Thanks for taking the time to share and make us feel "there"! I know this is a Huge trip from Australia, and I hope you are loving every bit of the magic. My favorite "old gal" album by Seals & Crofts still echoes these words in my mind: "We will never pass this way again..." From my experience, even if you do attempt a "repeat" later, the times are a changin, and this is your slice of life. Sip it with joy...Moonseazen

    ReplyDelete

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...