Monday 2 April 2012

Day 1 - 30x30x30 Challenge

Today was Day 1 of the 30x30x30 Challenge - 30 artists create 30 works in 30 days - all on 8 inch square canvases = 900 paintings to be sold for $50 on Saturday 15th September, 2012 at Darlington Hall, Darlington, Western Australia.

Check out their blog which features me as today's artist:  http://30x30x30challenge.wordpress.com/2012/04/02/challenger-10-michelle-reynolds/



I was very excited to be chosen as one of the participants and have been looking forward to getting started.  There were so many questions that popped up as I began:

How many should I start to prepare?
Where will they all dry?
Do I have enough paint or will a quick trip to the art shop be in order?
What am I going to paint on this first set?
Do they have a spare 30 canvases for my other ideas that would like to be painted?

Do you see that white little square, bottom, middle of the paintings? Yes, this pic shows a size comparison between the largest paintings I've created and the 8 inch or 20cm square canvases - size is only one of the challenges.




I decided to prepare 12 canvases with the basic layers which will build up into a painting of depth.




Another covering layer will be added then I'll have fun stamping and dripping and deciding what they will become.  Oh such fun and such great challenge too.

3 comments:

  1. It will be really interesting to see what you do Michelle. That's quite a bit of pressure - 30 in 30 days! You've made a good start.
    How did you become involved in this project?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you! So much fun! I cannot wait to watch your progression.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to all the great work you will make. I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...