Thursday 7 July 2011

Painting Update

Today, the local newspaper came to the community centre to take a photograph of me with my painting and other artists and their work for an article for the paper, so that will be good publicity for the Art Sale at the end of the month.

Here is a photo taken last Monday of me in the art room with my paintings...



This is my latest painting that I'm working on, still a little more decorating to go.


Before...



I'll be away for a couple of weeks on a research and photography trip in the Kimberleys in north-west of Western Australia aka having a holiday!!!!  Really hoping to take a plane flight to provide some great photos for inspiration for abstract landscape paintings and I may even get to see a boab tree!!!  I'll be taking my sketchbook and my watercolour pencils and a pad of watercolour paper too to keep the creativity going.

Take care my friends and I look forward to reading your blogs and showing you my photos when I return.  :D

Big love and bear hugs, Shells.

3 comments:

  1. Love the flowers above Shells. But then I am a garden person. Summers are always a draw between working in the garden or creating, but I always remind myself summers are short. Thanks for commenting on my paint chip book mark. Sometimes I just have to do something simple to get me started. Hope the trip was good.

    Coleen in Ukraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Coleen, getting started is important as then the momentum keeps you going.

    ReplyDelete

All comments moderated. Please leave a comment after the beep....beeeeep...